This treatment increases circulation and decrease congestion in the upper respiratory passages, head, and throat. It has a relaxing effect and many patients report that they sleep much better during the treatment. This treatment is also effective for pain relief and increases the healing response during acute infections. It is excellent for use with children and babies. The wet sock treatment is best if repeated for three nights in a row, or as instructed by your doctor.
Sore throat or any inflammation or infection of the throat, neck pain, ear infections, headaches, migraines, nasal congestion, upper respiratory infections, coughs bronchitis, and sinus infections.
- 1 pair white cotton socks
- 1 pair thicker socks (wool is great)
- Warm feet or warm foot bath & towel
- Take a pair of cotton socks and soak them completely with cold water- the colder, the better. Be sure to wring the socks out thoroughly so they do not drip.
- Warm your feet first. This is very important as the treatment will not be as effective and could be harmful if your feet are not warmed first. Warming can be accomplished by soaking or spraying your feet with warm water for at least 5-10 minutes or taking a warm bath. Dry off feet and body with a dry towel before putting socks on.
- Place cold wet socks on feet. Cover with thick dry socks. Go directly to bed. Avoid getting chilled.
- Keep the socks on overnight. You will find that the wet cotton socks will be dry in the morning. If you wake before the morning and your socks are dry, you can repeat the treatment.